Everything Cloth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us to discuss everything and anything about cloth diapers, modern mommying, and more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starting to recognize words..?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starting to recognize words..? Empty Starting to recognize words..? Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

At what age did you have a hunch that your little one was starting to recognize the words that you were saying? I am starting the get the feeling that she has a clue about our dog's name (probably because it's one of the words I say most in the day: "Kona, don't do that! Kona, come here! Kona, want to go outside? Kona, where's your toy?") hahaha

I'm starting to feel like Baby A knows just who Kona is (and of course, she also LOVES Kona) ... but she is only just 7 months old ...

What do you think? Is it too soon?

http://everythingcloth.com

2Starting to recognize words..? Empty Re: Starting to recognize words..? Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 pm

heopowers

heopowers

She probally is. Are you doing any sign langauge. I started both my boys at 6mths with my 3 favorite signs for avoiding tamtrums. Eat, Drink, Diaper. It helped a lot with Vic. And it helped us pick up on Jeffs develomental delays early. He got his dignosis of autisum at the earlist it gets diagnosed 18mths. Victor was doing and undrstanding those signs around 9mths. Jeff just picked up eat in the last week. Diaper 2months ago. He seems to understand drink but isn't doing it yet. He will b starting speech therapy next week. But she is at a fun age every week you should have a new baby.

3Starting to recognize words..? Empty Re: Starting to recognize words..? Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Ooh, I haven't started sign language, but you just reminded me that that was something I did want to try ... I had better get on that! Wink lol

What sort of resource did you use to get to know the signs? I don't want to be hardcore about it--just a few basic ones that can help us communicate. Did you use a book/video/website that you could direct me to?

Thanks!

http://everythingcloth.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum